SOUTHERN TIER ENVIRONMENTS FOR LIVING, INC.
STEL, Inc. is the Chautauqua - Allegheny region's leading and largest mental health residential rehabilitation and support provider. We seek caring, empathetic and energetic people to join our team of professionals to support our mission assisting people in recovery from mental illness. Competitive salary and excellent full time benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Sec.125 plan, retirement plan, employee assistance plan and more. APPLY TODAY!
REHABILITATION COUNSELOR - FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: Dunkirk Treatment Apartment Program - Dunkirk, NY
Monday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday 12:00pm - 8:00 pm
Provide case management, rehabilitative, and restorative services to residents. To teach, counsel, and monitor residents’ activities of daily living in a community residence or apartment setting, in order to develop skills, abilities, and experience that will facilitate a greater opportunity for the resident to live in an environment that is independent.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Minimum education and experience: high school diploma/GED and customer service experience. Healthcare or behavioral health experience a plus.
- Preferred Education and experience: Bachelor’s degree in human services-related field; or an associate degree in human service-related field and three years’ experience in human services; or a high school diploma/GED and five years’ experience in human service.
- Must possess a working knowledge of current issues and concerns of people with mental illness, rehabilitative training methods, and community resources.
- Have a home telephone.
- Be able to travel to and among various facilities that are multi-leveled with stairs only.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- May be required to use personal vehicle for programmatic purposes.
- Criminal Background check and other pre-employment checks required by NYS Office of Mental Health, NYS OMIG, and other regulators
Mark Wasiewicz, Human Resources Director
715 Central Avenue
Dunkirk, NY 14048
Please forward “In House” application. Updated resume is required.
Please apply at stel.org/careers
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Until position is filled.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Until position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER