Southern Tier Environments for Living, Inc.
STEL, Inc. is the Chautauqua - Allegheny region's leading and largest mental health residential rehabilitation and support provider. We seek caring, empathetic and energetic people to join our team of professionals to support our mission assisting people in recovery from mental illness. PAID TRAINING PROVIDED. Competitive salary and excellent full time benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Sec.125 plan, retirement plan, employee assistance plan and more. APPLY TODAY!
JOB TITLE: ASSOCIATE COUNSELOR, Part-Time
DEPARTMENT: Olean Community Residence – Olean, NY
TENTATIVE HOURS: Sun., & Mon. 4 PM -Midnight, Weds. 1 PM to 9 PM, other shifts may be available as required.
$12.59 per hour
Performs direct care work teaching adult daily living skills and supervising residents in agency community residence or apartment program. Duties include performing daily household tasks and providing supportive counseling and related therapeutic services to people with mental illness.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- High School/GED diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Human Services and/or one year experience working with people with mental illness preferred.
- Prefer a working knowledge of current issues and concerns of people with mental illness, rehabilitative training methods, and community resources.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have a home telephone.
- Be able to travel to and among various facilities that are multi-leveled with stairs only.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- May be required to use personal vehicle for programmatic purposes.
- Must pass crimial background checks are required my NYS Office of Mental Health, NYS OMIG, and other regutory agencies.
Mark Wasiewicz, Human Resources Director
715 Central Avenue
Dunkirk, NY 14048
Apply on line at http://stel.org/careers
or email email@example.com
Please forward “In House” application. Updated resume is required.
Please apply at stel.org/careers
DEADLINE: Internal Candidates: Until position is filled.
DEADLINE: External Candidates: Until position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER