SOUTHERN TIER ENVIRONMENTS FOR LIVING, INC.
STEL, Inc. is the Chautauqua - Allegheny region's leading and largest mental health residential rehabilitation and support provider. We seek caring, empathetic and energetic people to join our team of professionals to support our mission assisting people in recovery from mental illness. Competitive salary and excellent full time benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Sec.125 plan, retirement plan, employee assistance plan and more, We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) Employer. APPLY TODAY!
Internal Program Auditor
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm Dunkirk, NY
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Assess, review and report about the agency's policies, procedures, and practices related to residential program activities. This includes recipients' financial statements, program compliance, risk management, and operational efficiency.
- Audit residential program financial records; program budgets, rental ledgers, petty cash logs, food stamps, and purchases. Performs program audits to ensure program policy and procedures are followed. Assist program staff with client entitlement linkages, payeeship transfers, and past due payment plans.
- Foster positive work relationships with recipients of service(s), internal customers, local government and community support agencies.
- Assess risk and compliance with state and federal laws/regulations, and agency policies and procedures. Report and make recommendations for improvement in work processes and operational efficiency.
- Document findings and communicate them to management in a clear and concise manner. Ultimately, the goal of the internal program auditor is to ensure that the organization is operating in an efficient, effective, and ethical manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate degree; or a high school diploma and two years experience in human services field or financial field
- Experience in Finance or related fields is a plus.
- Interest and ability for math and Financial systems.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and documentation skills.
- Possess a knowledge of federal, state, and local entitlement programs
- Have a home telephone.
- Be able to travel to and among various facilities that are multileveled with stairs only.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- May be required to use personal vehicle for programmatic purposes.
- Criminal Background check approved by NYS Office of Mental Health
Mark Wasiewicz, Human Resources Director
715 Central Avenue
Dunkirk, NY 14048
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please forward “In-House” application. An updated resume is required.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply at stel.org/careers
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER